Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third party sources, as well as automatically through your use of the Services.
Information We Collect Directly from You
We may collect information directly from you. For example, if you register for or use our Services, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, photograph, zip code, company name, current or past employers, dates of employment, employee referral information, income information, resumes, current salary, desired salary, desired job title, job location preferences, and any other information that you submit as part of your profile or that may be useful in helping us to match job seekers and employers; if you pay for our Services, we will collect your payment information, including payment card number and billing address.
We will also collect any other information that you provide to us. This may include social networking links and media or news links or information about your contacts and connections if you share such information with us, such as to participate in a referral program or to list a reference. If you give a reference for someone else, we will collect information about that reference. If you participate in a survey or questionnaire, we will collect information about your answers and interaction with that survey or questionnaire.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, including recruiters and employers, publicly available information, social networking platforms, and other third parties. We will collect information about your contacts and connections (and any other information you grant us permission to access). You may also be able to log in to our Site through third party platforms. If you connect to our Services through a third-party platform, we will ask your permission to obtain certain information about you from that platform, (e.g., email address, profile information and friends or contact list).
In addition, we may collect information about you from a contact of yours or other Mywork users, such as when someone lists you as a reference or suggests you for a position.
Information We Collect Automatically
We track clickstream data, viewing data, searches submitted through the Services, and other data to monitor utilization and to improve user experience. We also automatically collect certain usage information through cookies, web beacons, log files, java script and other technologies, including: domain name; browser type and operating system; web pages viewed; link clicked; searches, including search terms; IP address; date and time stamp and the length of time using the Services; referring URL (of website that led you to our Site). Generally, we use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement on our Site, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Services, and to deliver customized, personalized content. We also may track and use your location information to customize information that we provide to you, and to display targeted ads on the Services and on third party websites. Please see the “Third-Party Ad Networks” section below for more information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
As permitted by applicable law, we retain and use the information we collect about you for the following reasons:
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose the information we collect about you, including your personal information, as explained below. You can make certain profile information private by logging into your account and adjusting your profile visibility.
De-identified Information. We may also share information that is not reasonably capable of being associated with you with other users to help them better understand the types of users applying for a certain job. For example, we may share that a user with a certain job title, educational history, years of experience, areas of expertise, and salary range has applied for a certain job with other job seekers.
“Cookies” and Tracking Technologies
Web beacons. Web beacons (a.k.a. clear GIFs, pixel tags, and web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are used to track the online movements of website users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We may use web beacons in connection with the Services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors to the Services, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of the Services. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics. We use tools and applications to evaluate usage of our Site. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences.
Third-Party Ad Networks
We may display targeted ads and personalized content to users within the Services, as part of Mywork direct online display advertising, based on our user information as well as your activities within the Services. We also use third parties such as network advertisers to display advertisements on the Services or other websites, based on your visits to the Services as well as other websites. We also may provide these third-party advertisers with information about your usage of our Services, as well as aggregate or non-personally identifiable information about visitors to and users of our Service.
Recruiters, Employers and Job Seekers
As noted, we may disclose the information we collect about you with other Mywork users. For example, we may disclose job seeker information to recruiters and employers, who are believed by us to be legitimately seeking applicants for available positions. We will disclose your phone number or email address to them and they will use that information to contact you through phone call, text, or email. We may also disclose the information submitted by you to potential employers through the site.
Individual users can adjust their profile settings within their account, to limit how certain information is shared or to prevent recruiters from calling, texting, or emailing them. If you ever have any questions or concerns about how recruiters or employers are using your personal information on Mywork, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Reviews and User Generated Content
In some instances we may select and post user reviews on the Services which may contain personal information such as the user’s name. We will obtain your consent to use your name, prior to posting the review.
You may also create a public profile that includes your name, title, job history, phone number, email address, photograph, or other information, or we may otherwise invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available to other users or recruiters on our Site. If you post such content, it will be available to recruiters and other users of the Site, and may also become public. Mywork cannot control how third parties or other users use this information.
How To Access, Update and Delete Your Personal Information
We give you access to and control over your personal information, regardless of where you live. If you live in certain jurisdictions, you may have legal rights with respect to your information, which you can exercise as outlined below.
Accessing Your Personal Information. By logging into your account, you can access much of your personal information. You may also email our Customer Support team at email@example.com, and upon written request and authentication of identity, we may provide you with your other personal information under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the types of individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. In some situations we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. This may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by solicitor or attorney/client privilege, the information was collected for the purpose of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could harm our competitive position. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information. When an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
Editing and Deleting Data. By logging into your account, you can change and delete your personal information or cancel your account. You may also email our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org (to make a change). Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services for a period of time, and we may maintain copies of this information as part of our business records as well.
Newsletters and Communications From Us
We may send newsletters or other promotional or informational emails to you. These emails may include promotions for our Services and the services of third parties. If you click on a link in an email promoting a third-party services, that link may take you to the third party’s website. Please see the Third Party Websites section below for more information.
Third Party Websites
Our Services and emails may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website over which Mywork has no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these websites require you to enter your personal information as you apply for a job directly with the hiring company. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such websites as their policies may differ from ours.
Our Services are not targeted to children under eighteen (18) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner.
- Use any false or inaccurate information for purposes of registering as a user of the Site.
- Delete or revise any material or other information of any other user or the Site, or otherwise alter the opinions or comments posted by others on the Site.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site.
- Use the Site, the Services or the Materials for any commercial or pecuniary purpose.
- Use the Site in any manner that is harmful to others.
- Attempt to modify, adapt, translate, decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site, the Services, or the Materials.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Site without Mywork' prior written consent.
- Create a database, data store, or any other means of data retrieval by systematically downloading, storing or making available by any means any Site content.
- Use the Site in a manner that intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or in a manner that is inappropriate, harmful or offensive.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or may otherwise harm, disrupt or overburden the Site.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Site, and the date and time of the commission of the claimed infringement.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Site, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Mywork to locate the material.
- A description of your interests or rights in or to the work claimed to have been infringed.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Mywork to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.